Edwards featured in the Times
Currently celebrating their 90th year of operation, Edwards Coaches are an established and family run coach travel company based in the heart of South Wales.
In 2011, Edwards Coaches founded a relationship with Lombard finance to help move the business forward and grow their fleet further. Following the initial deal with Lombard, The Times, were interested to run an inside view on the deal between Edwards Coaches and Lombard finance. This particular feature will include a short film around Edwards Coaches the business and give an insight to the goings on behind the scenes.
The initial deal involved securing asset finance for a fleet of National Express vehicles and enhancing their touring programme with the Starliner executive coaches.
In light of interest from The Times, Edwards Coaches stated, “The deal with Lombard is pivotal to the growth of our business over the course of our future, securing asset finance with them has allowed us to grow our fleet further and in particular, adding a touch of luxury with our Starliner Coaches”.
The feature with The Times is due to go live in the first week of December, with a video published on their website and a written article within their business section of the newspaper.
Edwards Coaches are winners of the following 2015 awards:
- UK Property Awards 2015 – TGL Property “Commercial Renovation/ Redevelopment” Portbyhan Hotel
- National Express Engineering Audit – Gold Status
- Sunday Times Profit Track 100 – Ranking 29 on the annual league table of Britain’s private companies with the fastest growing profits
- TripAdvisor, “Portbyhan Hotel” – Certificate of Excellence
- Group Travel Awards, Winner – ‘Best Coach Operator for Groups’
- Silver Travel Advisor Awards, Nominated – ‘Best Coach Operator’
- National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Tour Operator of the Year- Large Fleet’
- National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Professional of the Year – Alan Clough’
- National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Driver of the Year – Glyn Bowden’
- National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Portbyhan Hotel – Individual Hotel of the Year’
- National Coach Tourism Awards, Finalist – ‘Holiday Programme of the year’
- UK Coach Awards 2015, Winner – ‘Top Large Fleet Operator’
- UK Coach Rally 2015, Winner – ‘Welsh Coach of The Year’
- National Express Awards 2015, Winner – “UK Driver’s of the Year” – Brent Humphries and Gerwyn Roberts
- National Express Awards 2015, Winner – ‘Operator of the year 16+ vehicles’
- National Express Awards 2015, Winner – ‘High Achiever Award – Recognising Long Term Performance Above Standard’
- Accor Hotels UK 2015, Winner – ‘Partnership Achievement Award’
- Edwards Coaches Ltd established in 1925.
- Celebrating 90 years in business this year.
- Operates 210 coaches daily and employ 470 local staff
- On average carry 7,500 school children daily.
- 80,000 coach holiday passengers a year.
- Operates National Express routes from South Wales of around 5 million miles per year.
- Operates a local service bus service to and from Cardiff.
- Still family owned and run, now in its 5th generation.
- 10 Brand new Mercedes-Benz Tourismo Coaches purchased 31 March 2015, costing £2,750,000
- Edwards Coaches enter the Sunday Times ‘Profit Track 100’ at number 29.