- Creating 30 new jobs
- Investment totalling £5 million
- Arrival of 19 brand new coaches
- Coaches with the very latest safety technology developed to improve public transport with National Express serving South Wales to various London destinations Heathrow, Gatwick and central.
- UK Award winning family owned business
- The largest privately owned coach company in the UK
The 5th generation family run business Edwards Coaches established in 1925 are continuing to invest at an astonishing rate. In the month of April, Edwards are taking delivery of 19 brand new vehicles, totalling £5 million.
The new vehicles costing £260,000 each will be used to cover different divisions of the business, 13 coaches fitted with the very latest technical safety systems will be used on the high profile National Express work, 3 for coach holiday tours and 3 for local bus service. The investment of such magnitude is certainly a bold statement from Edwards and a clear message that they remain committed to the highest industry standards for its drivers and passengers safety and comfort.
The financial investment in new assets across the business has also fed down to the shop floor where 30 new jobs throughout the organisation have been created due to record breaking sales and increased levels of business. Edwards Coaches now employ 500 staff and are extremely proud of its workforce, encouraging extremely high levels of staff retention and nurturing the best talent from the local communities of South Wales.
With a further 8 months remaining in 2016, the window remains open for additional investment throughout the year and it appears that Edwards have no intention of halting the growth of their fleet just yet.